Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

My Pony is Weird

I had a rather strange realization about Tony last week.

To preface this, I want to say that he is usually worse at home than he is away. He gets distracted and spooky, and he HATES it when things have moved since the last time we were in the arena. He's totally fine with gunshots, fireworks, and the UPS truck, but he does not like kittens, grass that is the wrong color, or the FedEx truck.

Last week I was riding, and he was being tense, looky, spooky, and just generally not fun to ride.

Like this. Not fun. 

Then, the farm owner came around the corner of the garage (OMG look! A human I see every day. Scary!), opened the garage (oh, but that's fine though), and turned on the loud riding lawnmower. He pulled out the lawnmower and was tinkering with it a bit on the driveway. And you know what? Tony was perfect. He let go in his back and neck and relaxed into the work. Um, ok? Apparently my pony needs a white noise machine. Can I pump lawnmower sounds into his ear bonnet? That would be swell.



1 comment: