Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Goals

So I've got my 101 is 1,001 list of goals (which I still need to finish...), but what do I want to ultimately accomplish?

Tony's just about 10 (tomorrow!), so he's got 10-15 good riding years left. Maybe more. He's a Haflinger after all, and they tend to go forever (knock on wood). My hope is that someday I can earn all of my bronze medal scores with him. We will never be spectacular. We may never win anything more than a schooling show, but I hope can get to a place where we can put in a decent enough test to get the necessary scores and say "we did it."

The current extent of our extend.

Lead changes, half passes, and extended gaits all seem so far off, though. I'm not the greatest rider. I've certainly never ridden a third level test myself. I've taught myself and my difficult horse most of what we know. So at this point, we've got okay leg yields, rushing lengthenings, and tense shoulder-ins. The past couple of weeks, we've suddenly had a stretchy trot after a long time of really terrible attempts, so I'm hoping these things just come with lots of hard work.

A stretchy trot appeared out of nowhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment