| So cute. |
The last thing I was writing were my 2017 goals. I got about one sentence in. At the time I started writing that post, I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing this year. My 6-month lease on Lines was meant to be up on March 16, and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to afford to continue to keep him. His owner and I chatted last month, and we decided that I will keep him for another 6 months. In September we can talk again. Most likely he'll go home at that point. I am planning to have a season at 3rd level (possibly 4th by the end of the season), do a 3rd level freestyle and qualify for championships. I don't think I'll be competitive at championships, but I do want to at least go and compete.
| Swishy tail! Not enough bend for a half pass... |
With that, I'll lay out my goals/show plan for this year.
March:
-Lines and I will do one schooling show at WEC. While we are there, we will video our freestyle pattern so we can start mixing the music.
-Tony will get restarted after 6 months off. I'll be farm-sitting at his farm, so will have two weeks of living with him to get him going again.
| Little better angle and bend. |
-Another schooling show at WEC
-Ride in my GMO's ride-a-test/schooling show
-Put music to our freestyle and iron out any wrinkles in our pattern
May:
-First rated show of the year at WEC. Qualify for our freestyle (need 60%+ at 3-3)
June:
-Rated show at WEC. Ride 3-3 and ride our freestyle in a show for the first time
| We have a normal, attractive canter now! |
-Dressage at Devonwood. One of my big goals for the year is to ride in the freestyle night at Devonwood
August:
-WEC show. If needed, get last qualifying scores for champs
September:
-Championships in Idaho. 3rd level AA and 3rd level freestyle
-Lines goes home
October:
-Tony's turn again. Schooling show at the end of the month (1st or 2nd level, depending on how much work he's done over the summer)
November/December:
-Possibly bring Tony to my trainer's barn, as we only have an outdoor at home and winter is the worst.
| Shoulders-in at a decent angle! |
| Our changes will forever look like this. Oh well. |
| Old man temper tantrum |
Ahhh...such fun plans! I'm going to be sad when Lines goes home. It's been fun to follow along on your journey with him. Also, I'll definitely come cheer you on at Devonwood in July!
ReplyDeleteIt's been fun having him! September will be hard!
DeleteI LOVE Devonwood! Will you be bringing Emi this year?
Wooo! Championships will be so much fun!!
ReplyDeletethanks GBU
ReplyDelete