Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Well-Rounded Horse

And I don't mean fat!

I want any horse of mine to be able to go out and do just about anything. I don't want a horse that can only be ridden in a ring on perfect footing or that can only do one job. My horse needs to be able to be flexible and roll with whatever I want to throw at them.

Tony's well on his way to being a take anywhere/do anything horse. Basically, this is a media dump of things Tony has done. For all his difficultness, he actually puts up with quite a lot ;)

In addition to dressage, we...

School cross country 

Weeeee...Tony like run fast. Hold on, mom.
Jumping baby log jumps.

Ride in the snow

My mostest favorite picture of us. 

Ride bareback (including jumping!)

No bit = no steering. For reals. Good thing there's a fence.
Hold on little hobbit...
Hit the trails
Tony is surprisingly sane on the trails. Good little mountain pony.

Throw on a Western saddle and toss the husband up

Husband is allowed to ride Tony because if he falls off, I won't feel bad. I mean...he has enough muscles to stop a runaway beast. Don't they look cute though? All 6'3" of my husband on my 15hh horse.
Give pony rides to children

Something else Tony is surprisingly good at. As long as I attach him to a lead rope ;) 

 Try out different disciplines...like Working Equitation

The only picture I had on my computer...must find better ones. Attack the bull, Tony! And yes, I am holding a "spear."

Foxhunting

This is Tony's brother Sacha...5 months under saddle. Solid choice. I lived.


 Dressing in whatever ridiculous costume I can come up with!


Battery-operated Christmas lights, plus tinsel and antlers.
Angel and devil at a dressage show. He is devilishly good looking.
With our friends Chesna and Pippin. The horses look less than impressed.
Aarrr, we be pirates. We may have jumped out of the arena at this show. And then back in. I had zero control. People still remember us. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment