In both my and my husband's immediate families, I am the only horse person. In both of our extended families, I am for sure the only English rider. I have a cousin who does some Western riding, and a great aunt and her daughter have a few horses (daughter used to be pretty serious about barrel racing...she has a family now, so not sure how much she still does). On my husband's side, I think there might be a cousin with a farm horse or two? Unsure on that one.
Anyway, what that all means is that around gift-giving times I usually have to come up with non-horsey wishlist items. I don't think my parents have gifted me with anything horsey in my adult life (besides cash, because cash always goes to the horses, of course), and my in-laws prefer to buy things in like real stores or something? Anyway, the top of my wish list is a gift card to Smartpak. Can't go wrong there. Or Riding Warehouse. I'm not picky!
Since they want to buy real things, I put a Noble Outfitters grooming tote (with a mesh bottom!) and some Under Armour wear (thanks CobJockey for the suggestion!) on my Amazon wish list. But now I need to come up with general things. We never made wish-lists growing up, but my husband's family is big into that. And surprises. I think I can remember 2 gifts growing up that were actual surprises on Christmas morning- paddock boots and riding lessons when I was in 4th grade and an iPod touch when I was about 19. My family tends to do small stocking stuffers and then have an experience (usually an overnight in the city and something like the aquarium, a show, etc).
All that to say- I can't figure out what general things I want. Maybe a puffy vest (for wearing to the barn). Or long warm socks (for under my riding boots). I really just put down three things I wanted and don't care if it's a surprise or not. I will of course appreciate anything they give to me. I love my in-laws, and they tend to be good gift-givers. I just don't need more "stuff" this year! I'm sure they are just as much at a loss on what to get their horse-obsessed daughter-in-law ;) I rarely wear jewelry, I have way too many hats/scarves/gloves, and I don't really like getting clothes as gifts since I can't try them on.
What non-horsey things are on your wish list?
Non horsey wish list...is there such a thing?! Haha. Just kidding. I'm actually hoping for new tires and an odometer (both for my bike).
ReplyDelete