Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas!

Well, the holiday is over! It felt a bit anticlimactic this year as it was the first year not spent with either my or my husband's immediate family. It was nice to have a nice quiet holiday, and we did spend time wth my extended family, but it was a little different. When my family comes to visit, we usually go out and do things before or after Christmas (they're school teachers, so get a long break). We've done things like Zoolights, the aquarium, Circue du Soleil, etc. And when we see husband's family, we have to travel to get there (they don't ever visit us as his mom has some sort of inner ear thing and can't fly or drive over mountains). Anyway...onto the festivities and gifts! The real reason for the season. Right? Oh wait, I think that's not quite right. Oh well...

We always get a real tree now (something we never did growing up, but my husband's family does every year). This year we went to a different tree farm and ended up with a beautiful 7 ft tree. I about choked when they rang it up, but you can't exactly put it back in the field...so I'm like...we better be keeping this freaking thing up through February. I'm Dutch, I need to get my money's worth.
I can see you, kitty...
Firstly, I got my Secret Santa gift just before I left for my JW lessons last week. I of course immediately used it without taking pictures, so had to dig it back out of my barn locker and take a picture when we got back. Thanks so much to Carey at Me Jump Pretty One Day. She sent this super awesome Dapplebay bag. I've been coveting Dapplebay gear since I heard about them a couple years ago from my friend, one of their ambassadors. So I am pretty stoked :) I used it to carry my polo wraps and am excited to bring it along on my adventures. Lines and Tony are pretty excited about the Mrs. Pastures treats. I went to a barn party, my GMO's Christmas party, and did another Secret Santa, and I think I got pony treats from each, so the boys are set for a while. They're pretty pleased about that (as am I- I tend to forget to buy them cookies when I stop at the feed store and mooch off of my trainer).
Thanks Carey! I love it!
My husband did well this year on gifts. I got him tickets to an NHL game and he was pretty excited (we went the beginning of December), so he got me lots of good stuff. The Noble Outfitters grooming tote has been on my wish list for a long time now, but I couldn't justify spending the $50 on a grooming bag. But now I have it, and husband even ordered a pretty colored one. Good man. I LOVE the mesh bottom and big middle section for spray bottles.

Here my kitty is modeling the Canada scarf from my in-laws. It came with a patriotic hat and gloves as well. She is also sitting on the super handy car seat warmer from my husband. Yay for a toasty post-barn butt!
Prudence says "How do you turn this thing on? I demand heat!"
Possibly my favorite gift this year came from my in-laws...it's a unicorn robe. It even has a tail, and I can prance around and be magical.

Lines even got in on the Christmas spirit with a pretty red bow and red polo wraps for our Christmas eve-eve ride. 


And for the first time since we've lived in Washington- we had a white Christmas!
Dog enjoys snow. I mostly enjoy snow. Except when I have to drive in it. Or work at the barn in it. So really, I just like looking at it.
I even hopped on my poor motherless pony on Christmas eve. Poor dude has been feeling neglected lately. He's hairy and dirty. His tail touches the ground and he has a giant hay belly and no muscles. He's like "Um, who are you? You're dead to me." But obviously he came around and mostly behaved for a few pictures. I'm excited to start working him again when the days are long enough to ride two horses. I miss my pony man!
He's just the cutest thing that ever lived.


5 comments:

  1. Cute photos! That unicorn robe is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you like your gift! Awesome unicorn robe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a Noble Outfitters grooming tote last year for Christmas and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag! I may or may not have a Unicorn onesie that I wear all over the place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hadn't seen that Dapplegrey tote before -- I really like it!!

    ReplyDelete